cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spots on picture

richgreenwood
Contributor

IMG_1302.JPGHey guys, please look at this image, and blow it up. There are spots in the background that I can't get rid of. It must be in the lens as I have cleaned the lens front and back, and the filers. Any idea how to fix this?

16 REPLIES 16

You are right. I cleaned the screen above the mirror and spots are all gone in the viewfinder, so it appears dust is the problem. I don't want to mess with the sensor, so I am calling local photo shops to see who can clean the sensor..

I was just wondering how dust got in there as I rarely change lenses, and I am looking back to when I got this camera and it appears it was there all along. My second T6 does not have this problem.

@richgreenwood wrote:
I was just wondering how dust got in there as I rarely change lenses, and I am looking back to when I got this camera and it appears it was there all along. My second T6 does not have this problem.

Changing your lens outdoors is a good way to introduce dust into a camera body.  I have caused my image sensor to get dirty and dusty by sitting in a car on a hot day, with the air conditioning on high.  Wind and breezes are your enemy.  Pollen is your enemy.  Static electricity is your enemy.  Humidity and wide temperature swings  There are a ton of ways to get your sensor dirty.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@richgreenwood wrote:

You are right. I cleaned the screen above the mirror and spots are all gone in the viewfinder, so it appears dust is the problem. I don't want to mess with the sensor, so I am calling local photo shops to see who can clean the sensor..

I do not know how you cleaned it, but I hope that you did not touch.  Or even worse, get it wet with a cleaning agent or solvent.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
A very few we bodies wind up wind up with some lubricant splatter.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That sounds very possible as I wouldn't expect dust on the surface above the mirror. I have made an appointment with my local camera shop, and he says he is very familiar with cleaning these surfaces. Thanks for all the help!!

I've had my sensor cleaned by canon before. Obviously, they do a fantastic job! Mine was dirty from a shoot I did In Brazil a few years back where i had to change the lens a few times at the beach. Not my most brilliant idea. Contact CPS (Canon Professional Services). They are really top notch! 

Announcements