cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter not woking

marton
Apprentice

I have a three year old T3. Wonderful camera. Has been trouble free. I use it for work. went tgo take photos today. On usual full auto. flash attachment on. Camera poweres on. Look through viewfinder. All numbers are there. press shmutter. no sound. LED screen goes black then goes back to view. shutter is not functuoningTries different sd cards. Still no pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

That don't sound good.  I am going to assume you didn't damage the cmera in any way before this?

No, OK, reset the camera to defaults.  Make sure you have a known good fully charged battery.  A brand new SD card formatted by this camera.  And a different lenses.  Give it a go.  You need to do these simple steps before you call Canon Support for a repair request.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

That don't sound good.  I am going to assume you didn't damage the cmera in any way before this?

No, OK, reset the camera to defaults.  Make sure you have a known good fully charged battery.  A brand new SD card formatted by this camera.  And a different lenses.  Give it a go.  You need to do these simple steps before you call Canon Support for a repair request.

EB

It was the lens. The 18-55 motor was stuck. Changed the lens and it worked fine. Twisted the outer ring and it worked. Thanks.

cicopo
Elite

Another idea would be to put the camera into Sensor Clean mode & observe whether the mirror flips up & the shutter opens.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

It was the lens motor. How do you access snsor clean mode? Thank you.

It is in the Menus but I would strongly suggest you do not do this.  You really need to have someone that knows exactly how to show how first.  There are some things inside the mirror box that don't respond well to misuse.  

EB

I wasn't suggesting he / she clean the sensor; just watch to see if the mirror flipped up & the shutter opened. All you are doing is watching that cycle of things & then when you turn the camera off the shutter closes & the mirror drops back to it's normal position.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements