cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set 600D/T3i to shoot single shot with a wireless remote without having the timer involved?

frogpoet
Contributor

Can a 600D/T3i be set to shoot with a wireless remote without the timer being involved? I have not been able to find a way yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ColinGlover
Contributor

Yes. Your remote has a switch on the bottom that sets it to either shoot immediately, or with a 2 second delay. I assume yours will be set to the 2 position. It needs to be set to the 0 position. Problem solved. Regards, Col.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ColinGlover
Contributor

Yes. Your remote has a switch on the bottom that sets it to either shoot immediately, or with a 2 second delay. I assume yours will be set to the 2 position. It needs to be set to the 0 position. Problem solved. Regards, Col.

You were right, plus I forgot thaat it takes a bit of time for the auto focus to set itself !  Well, Duu, no wonder it didnt snap shot NOW!  Thanks, :>)

Anything to help.

I use manual focus as much as possible when using wireless shutter release.  Always instantaneous that way.

I had kinda gathered that, and will remember to turn off the auto focus on any shoth that I can pre-focus. I am also going to order a split lens focus screen to help with precision focus. Any recomendations as to wheither a dual line diagonal pslit or a single line horozontal split seems to work better for wildlife ( my assumption is horozontal for arcitecture and diagonal for wildlife/nature) ?

Thanks for any and all advice, each piece adds to my ubderstanding and decision maging abilities.

frogpoet 

Can you set a 600D/T3i to shoot single shot  or continuous mode with a wireless remote ? I do not find a referance in the manual for that. 

frogpoet,

A wireless remote can only be used with the camera set to the [self-timer/remote] drive mode.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK. But with a wired remote I can shoot in any of the settings, right ? And with one or the programable wired remotes I can set the timing on the shooting as I see fit I am guessing  hoping  ?

PS... why did Canon "hide" the wireless remote sensor so that you can only shoot wireless if you are out front of the camera and off to the right, ?, wouldnt it have been more practical to have put it up on the flash or something so that it had at least a 180 degree horozontal angle of view and a90 degree view verticaly.....????????

Announcements