cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red and white stripes

rotomike
Contributor

My brand new Rebel T5 shows red and white stripes like a flag and does not show any image.  Is the camera a faulty one or is there a setting that needs changing? 

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now that's just not right.  That camera needs service, and soon.  Contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Did you format the card in the camera before reying to use it?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I am running with no card it is used as a webcam and a computer polls the image from the cam.   The same thing that I did before and i have the menu set to use shutter without card.

Mike

@rotomike wrote:

I am running with no card it is used as a webcam and a computer polls the image from the cam.   The same thing that I did before and i have the menu set to use shutter without card.

Mike

I'll guess that you're exceeding the buffer capacity of the camera. I base that on the fact that the T5 is a somewhat stripped-down camera and that since it's brand new, it can't be the camera that you used that way (i.e., without a card) successfully in the past. Try it with a (fast) card in it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@rotomike wrote:

Mike

I'll guess that you're exceeding the buffer capacity of the camera. I base that on the fact that the T5 is a somewhat stripped-down camera and that since it's brand new, it can't be the camera that you used that way (i.e., without a card) successfully in the past. Try it with a (fast) card in it.

Either that, or the image sensor has overheated and been damaged.  The T5 is a stills camera, not a video camera.

i dont use it for video and takes a snapshot every 10 minutes i will try a card in it to see what happens.  What type and how big can it be?

Mike

just tried card and still red and white stripes.  did that from the get go out of box.

Mike

Okay,  What happens if you disconnect the computer, and just simply take a normal picture?

rotomike
Contributor
That's what I'm doing just snapping pictures with camera only and just stripes. It has like maybe 10 total stripes red and white like flag horizontal.

I would ask you to pot a sample image, but it sounds like your camera's sensor may have failed.  But, post a sample, anyway.

Announcements