cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel t5i raw + jpeg- raw files not saved to sd

wobbly4
Contributor

I shot several pics with cam in Raw+jpeg setting. Pulled sd card and inserted  into pc sd reader. Only got jpeg files- no raw.

Same results with win 8.1 and win 7. I see a "misc" file but no .cr2 files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for replying, Robert. I usually have the option of viewing files on the media before importing, and in doing so I see

.jpg and .misc but no .cr2- which is canon's format for raw files. I don't have Lightroom but I use the ACR function in Photoshop Elements (Versions 8,10,11,12). Perhaps I should go back to the camera and reset my preferences.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@wobbly4 wrote:

I shot several pics with cam in Raw+jpeg setting. Pulled sd card and inserted  into pc sd reader. Only got jpeg files- no raw.

Same results with win 8.1 and win 7. I see a "misc" file but no .cr2 files.

I've never used RAW+JPEG, so I'm entitled to ask what's probably a dumb question: Is it possible that the camera writes the RAW and JPEG files to different folders on the SD card?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for replying, Robert. I usually have the option of viewing files on the media before importing, and in doing so I see

.jpg and .misc but no .cr2- which is canon's format for raw files. I don't have Lightroom but I use the ACR function in Photoshop Elements (Versions 8,10,11,12). Perhaps I should go back to the camera and reset my preferences.

Announcements