cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel t2i digital display blank

alexan10
Apprentice

My Rebel T2i has a problem where the display is blank.  The backlight comes on but no menu or fonts of any kind.  Wondering if anyone has had this problem and how it was fixed.  Lots of people with this issue but no results that I could find.  Probably not worth sending in to repair since the cost is almost what the camera is worth?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Ed refers to the fact that the "Info" button will cycle through a series of optional things you'd like to have displayed on the LCD... and one choice in the cycle of possibilities is to display nothing at all (display would remain off).  

BUT... pressening the "Menu" button should always bring up the Menu (even if the display is normally off, it'll come on to display the menu.)  (Provided the camera actually does have power and is switched on.)

If it's not coming on ... ever... then something is broken that only service can fix. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The LCD is turned off. Turn it back on.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

alexan10
Apprentice
button makes no difference and I cannot use the menu?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
That's a problem. It needs servicing.
EB

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Ed refers to the fact that the "Info" button will cycle through a series of optional things you'd like to have displayed on the LCD... and one choice in the cycle of possibilities is to display nothing at all (display would remain off).  

BUT... pressening the "Menu" button should always bring up the Menu (even if the display is normally off, it'll come on to display the menu.)  (Provided the camera actually does have power and is switched on.)

If it's not coming on ... ever... then something is broken that only service can fix. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Yes, that seems to be the case.  Any idea how much this would be to get serviced?

Almost nothing is under $200 bucks.

EB
Announcements