cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel T2i flashing exp.sim

ksg
Apprentice

rebel T2i is fashing Exp. SIM on display screen while taking photos.  at first i would assume expired SD card but it is brand new.  cant find owners manual so please help

3 REPLIES 3

@ksg wrote:

rebel T2i is fashing Exp. SIM on display screen while taking photos.  at first i would assume expired SD card but it is brand new.  cant find owners manual so please help

A Google result from somewhere on the Canon Europe site:

Using Live View and Exposure Simulation

One of the greatest advantages of Live View shooting with Canon EOS DSLRs is the ability to see, on the rear LCD screen, a live histogram and an approximation of exactly what the final image will look like. When looking at the Live View image on the rear LCD screen, you may see ‘Exp.SIM’ (which stands for Exposure Simulation) shown in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If this is shown in white, it indicates that the image you are seeing on the rear screen is close to what the final image will look like. If the ‘Exp.SIM’ is flashing it is probably because you are shooting in very bright or dark conditions, thus indicating that the image shown on screen will differ from that captured. If this is the case, you should judge your exposure from the histogram and exposure scale, rather than from looking at the LCD screen.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

How do I get the ExpSims to stop flashing so I can move on to another photo?  This is a new camera and probably much more than I will ever use as I am technologically challenged. It was a gift.  So, please reply as if to a child, lol!

Hi, Angelaoh!

It looks like you posed the same question in another forum thread, and our community has answered you! Click HERE to check out their feedback.

Thanks for taking part in our forums!

Announcements