cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem downloading

Dom
Apprentice

when downloading my pic's from rebelt2i with eos utility it reads busy can't down load

9 REPLIES 9

Stephen

Hi Dom!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're getting, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

Dom
Apprentice

I 'm using a vista system on my computer. When I try to download my pic's using eos utility which i downloaded a new version today. I get a busy sign on the bottom of the page

Hello Again Dom,

Thank you for letting us know you are using Vista.  When the camera is connected via USB, we need to check that it is being seen by the computer.  To check this, open up the Device Manager by pressing Start+ Pause Break and go into Hardware, Device Manager.  This will identify if the camera is being seen by your computer.  You will also want to check and see if you can download directly through Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard.  We also need you to try a different card in the camera.  You should should be able to download through this method.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

In addition for a process of elimination to rule out camera hardware issues as suggested try a different card. If your computer is equipped with a built in memory card reader you try that as well. You can get them at Bestbuy or RadioShack but they do go up to sixteen dollars but many are universal adapters and ask the stores rep and keep the receipt to be sure. I would always follow the advice of the Canon rep above but if need to know is it my Camera and desperately want the photos off that memory card reader should help you out. To protect the photos do not forget before YOU TRy any of this to switch the cards write protection switch to on. Please let me know how you make out and Thank you so very much :).

I picked up a new "All in One" card reader for my current setup.  Pop the card out of the camera and insert it into the card reader and the computer sees it like any other drive.  That's what I've done with my previous P&S with a USB 2 reader and now with my DSLR and new reader without a problem.  One thing to watch with the reader, some have an issue with particular computer O.S, combo's so test it out well.  The one I currently use is a USB 3, it has a problem on an XP computer but works fine on a Windows 7 one, though it could be the USB port type on the computer that was causing the probem.

Good luck, hope it helps.

ArthurSilver
Apprentice

Not  only does my EOS UTility download button show busy and won't download but usually I downloan after openin "My Pictures", clicking on 'File' and clicking on download on thwe dropdown.

My problem is 'Download" will not show up. How do I access the download from "My Pictures"?

Hi ArthurSilver!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Hello ArthurSilver,

The complete process for downloading images is described in detail below.

Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer

1. Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable supplied with the camera.

Set the camera's Auto Power Off settings to [Off] before making the connection.

2. Set the camera's power switch to <ON>.

3. EOS Utility starts automatically.

If EOS Utility does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs] , [Canon Utilities] , [EOS Utility] and then [EOS Utility].

4. When the following window appears, start the operation for downloading images.

To download all images saved in the memory card, click [Starts to download images] in the EOS Utility window.

5. The images are downloaded to the computer.

6. When all the images have been downloaded, Digital Photo Professional starts and the downloaded images are displayed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ArthurSilver
Apprentice

Cannot access 'download' on the drop-down list from 'File' of  "My Pictures".

Also, download  not working on EOS Utility.

Please help. Art.

Announcements