Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photos disappeared - not deleted not formatted

leifsok
Contributor

Hello,

Canon EOS Rebel T7i

Lexar SD Card

I had over 100 photos existing on the SD Card. Camera was turned off. Turned on again. Two photos taken and when I reviewed the photos, all others were gone and only the two most recent photos were present on the SD Card. I have tried a number of different software packages to try to recover photos, but when they scan the SD Card, none have found deleted or corrupted files.

I'm not sure where all the photos went. The card wasn't formatted and the files were not manually deleted - so where did they go?

Appreciate the help of the community.

Kirk  

14 REPLIES 14

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

@leifsok wrote:

. . . Lexar SD Card

This is a full-sized SD card, correct? Not a micro SD card with an adapter . . .?

leifsok
Contributor
Correct, full size.

leifsok
Contributor
Thanks for the responses. Confirmed new photos with SD card in card reader on computer.

leifsok
Contributor
I format the memory card every so often in the camera after downloading photos. This issue came about just by turning off the camera and then turning it back on 20-30 minutes later.

@leifsok wrote:
I format the memory card every so often in the camera after downloading photos. This issue came about just by turning off the camera and then turning it back on 20-30 minutes later.

I would stop using that memory card.  Make sure that you select "low level format" for SD memory cards.  I use Sandisk cards, thumb drives, and memory sticks, and have never had a problem with any of them in more than 15 years.  I guess I must be lucky, because I have had experienced several failures with other brands.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements