Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

my t3i won't film, when i switch to video camera becomes unresponsive, screen goes black

Hi guys, I need HELP! Until today my rebel t3i has been a dream to use, and I've never had any problems with it. There is no damage I'm aware of, however when I turned my camera on today and switched it to video mode the screen went black and became unresponsive. From there I attempted to switch settings but it wasn't responding. I turned the camera off, pulled out batteries and tried again and the same thing happened. I can't record or film anything. 

Has it something to do with my SD card or is it a camera problem?! Help!!!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: my t3i won't film, when i switch to video camera becomes unresponsive, screen goes black

Hi brittanyleland!

Thanks for posting.

I do not believe something like this would be related to the memory card, but you can always try removing it from the camera and using a different memory card.  If the camera still locks up and does not respond, it will need to be repaired.  To setup a repair, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.