Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

my canon rebel T3i isnt being recognized by my computer all of a sudden

I cant figure out why my camera isnt being recognized by my computer.  And my EOS Utilitysoftware only has the Monitor folder and Picture Style Editor highlighted--- all ther others are greyed out as in not available.  I have used this for 2 years already with no problems

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: my canon rebel T3i isnt being recognized by my computer all of a sudden

Hi spaghettimark!

Thanks for posting on the Canon Forum!

To help the community and myself determine what is causing this, we need some more information.

1. What operating system are you running on your computer?
  2. What version of EOS Utility do you have installed?
  3. Are there any devices connected to your computer other than the camera?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I can't get my camera (Rebel T3i) to show up on my iMac (running OS 10.7.5). This may be because it's an Intel Mac? But it seems very odd to sell a camera that doesn't work on every computer you plug it in to Smiley Sad Are there any options for me to get my computer and my camera talking?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi Memsaab,

If you're using the original version of software for your camera, I recommend updating it.  Please contact us for information regarding the software update.  When you do, please let us know you're using a Mac.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I finally found the link for software for this and updated it Smiley Happy All working fine, although it was difficult to find that page!!!! Thank you. Love the camera.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Operating system is Windows 7 ultimate

right now i have uninstalled the EOS  but i have Eos Digital Ver 24.1 Solution Disk..(utility says 2.10)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

spaghettimark,

Try downloading the update for EOS Utility from the Canon USA website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_re...

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have Windows 7 and just downloaded EOS Utility 2.  My computer is still not recognizing my camera