cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my camera (EOS Rebel T6) stopped letting me film. why?

elishasiordia
Apprentice

Out of no where my EOS Rebel T6 stopped letting me film. i press the recording button and it wont film. its not stuck or anything. got it two weeks ago and a week later this issue began. i read the manual many times and everything is okay in the filming menu. so i dont know whats going on. please help Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Double-check that the switch is in the Movie postion.

Remove battery and switch camera on; reinstall battery.

In Menu select Clear/Reset camera settings.

If none of those work take it back; its less than a month old and you should get a replacement.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure your memory card isn't filled up, too. Re-read the cautions in the instruction manual regarding the potential for excessive heat buildup during extended use in video mode, or Live View mode.  If the image sensor begins to overheat, then the camera will basically stop operating until it has cooled.

Some vendors have 15 day return policies, while others have 30 day return policies.  In any case, it should still be under warranty with Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

fatcat
Rising Star
this happened to me too about 3 weeks ago, couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe I broke something. So I came in and reviewed ALL the settings carefully. Re-set them all, still nothing. I removed and replaced the card, and that was it. Make sure your card has enough room or it won't record, format it before you start a new recording, or just get a new one (big enough) Let us know if you get this resolved, what the problem was,ok? We all like to hear how things go....L.
Announcements