cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my background showing as foreground!! ??

drea300
Apprentice

I just got the t5, i know nothing about cameras. I set up the camera as per the instructions and am using the provided lens.

In auto mode (or any mode for that matter)  my subject is showing up like the background and its bringing forward the background..... why is this happening?!ive attached an example. Is it just me and my eyes?!1smaller.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It is not clear to me what exactly your issue is.  How was the image that you posted created?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@drea300 wrote:

I just got the t5, i know nothing about cameras. I set up the camera as per the instructions and am using the provided lens.

In auto mode (or any mode for that matter)  my subject is showing up like the background and its bringing forward the background..... why is this happening?!ive attached an example. Is it just me and my eyes?!1smaller.jpg

Since the part of the "background" that's in front of the Christmas card and the part that's behind it appear equally sharp, I think we can rule out front- or back-focusing. The source of the illusion may be that the picture on the Christmas card itself isn't terribly sharp. (Its own background certainly isn't, but that was probably intentional.) The bottom line is that if there's any confusion between what's background and what's foreground, your eye will probably interpret the sharpest part of the image as foreground. My guess is that if you were to simply pick up one of the Christmas cards and look at it, it would appear perfectly fine.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

That is just the template for your Christmas card.   Whoever designed that card thought it would look cool to have tree branches appear to come forward and sort of frame the image you insert. 

I assume you have other photos, of a variety of subjects, and they do not have fir tree tips intruding into the foreground?  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements