cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mode on t5i not showing

glynch
Apprentice

I bought a t5i less than 6 months ago and now for some reason the mode is not showing on the screen

when changing the different modes. Is there a setting for this ?  I can turn the dial however nothing shows on the screen.

Any advice or setting ? 

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
1. If something is blocking the sensor just below the flash hotshoe the LCD won't turn on.
2. Pressing the INFO button can turn off the display; this effect is canceled if the camera is turned off and back on again.
3. If these two don't resolve it sounds like camera would need repair.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm not clear on whether or not your LCD works but simply doesn't have a display indicating which mode you are using -OR- if the LCD screen isn't showing anything at all.

The "Disp." button will cause the camera to cycle through various optional types of info that the LCD screen can display (one of those options is to display nothing at all and the LCD panel will remain dark.)

Try pressing "Disp." (you may need to press it several times... each press changes it to the next selection and when you get to the last option and press it one more time it goes back to the beginning of the list.)

Note that John mentioned pressing the "Info" button.  Some cameras have this labeled as an "Info" button and some have it labeled as a "Disp." button, but it works similarly.  On your model the button is labeled "Disp.".

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements