cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror lock

Ruffian1950
Apprentice

I have Canon Rebel EOS T6 EF-S 18.

I plan to photograph full moon soon.  Tips I read about this say to turn off mirror lock.

How do I do that?

Thanks for any and all answers.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you have not already done so, I sugggest that you download the full instruction manual from your camera’s product support page. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

You will want to use a much longer focal length than the kit lens to photograph the Moon.  I recommend a lens that is at least 300-400mm long.  I use a 600mm lens to photograph the Moon.

You will want to use a sturdy, professional grade tripod to use with the mirror lockup feature.  Finally, do a web search for the phrase “ Looney 11 Rule “.  It is on Wikipedia.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Tim
Authority

Hello Ruffian1950, 

The EOS Rebel T6 does not have the mirror lockup Custom Function as some other cameras do.  This is present in the EOS Rebel T6i but not the T6.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you have not already done so, I sugggest that you download the full instruction manual from your camera’s product support page. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

You will want to use a much longer focal length than the kit lens to photograph the Moon.  I recommend a lens that is at least 300-400mm long.  I use a 600mm lens to photograph the Moon.

You will want to use a sturdy, professional grade tripod to use with the mirror lockup feature.  Finally, do a web search for the phrase “ Looney 11 Rule “.  It is on Wikipedia.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your help and the tips!

Tim
Authority

Hello Ruffian1950, 

The EOS Rebel T6 does not have the mirror lockup Custom Function as some other cameras do.  This is present in the EOS Rebel T6i but not the T6.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the info!

Announcements