cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for the compatible replacement camera

basquikitty
Apprentice

I have a 9 or 10 year old Canon rebel xti.  and it started having issues and basically broke.  looking for a new dslr that is the compatible camera to this one.  what is recommended.  thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Any of the current Rebel Series cameras would be compatible with your current lenses.  You may need to upgrade the software on your computer though, with the latest free software from Canon.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you. I will look into this. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"what is recommended"

You had the top of the line with your Rebel XTi so the current top of the line Rebel is the T7i.  Go for it and enjoy the next decade or so!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 wrote:

"what is recommended"

You had the top of the line with your Rebel XTi so the current top of the line Rebel is the T7i.  Go for it and enjoy the next decade or so!

When I upgraded from an XTi, I went to a 50D, whose current equivalent is the 80D. The latter would be more of an upgrade than the T7i, if for no other reason that it has autofocus microadjustment, which the Rebel line lacks. OTOH, when my wife upgraded from her XTi, she went to a T2i, whose current equivalent is the T7i; and that conforms to Ernie's recommendation. Both my wife and I were happy with our choices.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements