cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a Canon rebel EOS i took maternity pictures with it on new years day and it worked fine as i

tdc0528
Contributor

I took pictures with my camera on new years day and it worked fine. went to use it that friday and it wouldn't focus!. i took it to my step dad he cleaned the lense on the inside and is no longer blury on the inside i am able to take pictures far away but if i zoom in with the lense it will not auto focus and the picture comes out blurry! can anyone please tell me how i can fix this i love my camera and do not want to replace it especially since i have paid so much for it

13 REPLIES 13

Tiffany

Hi Tdc0528!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using.   Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This would worry me drastically,.."he cleaned the lens on the inside" !  Smiley Surprised

I hope he knows what he is/was doing. There are things in there that don't react well to chemicals or probing on the wrong part.

What equipment do you have exactly?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

whatever he did it actually helped the camera 

i will have to look at my owners manual when i get home and post what the specifics are

i'm almost positive its the 50 mm i've had this camera for 4 years now and never had an issue

"... the lense it will not auto focus and the picture comes out blurry!"

This helped?

EB

did what help?

After he "cleaned" it..................

"... the lense it will not auto focus and the picture comes out blurry!"  Smiley Frustrated

EB

oh yes he but it still wont automatic focus i have to do it manually. it is a rebel eos es 55mm lense that came with the camera. 

Announcements