cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to import videos from my canon rebel t3i to my imac but it just wont work:(

Aliciaxo
Apprentice

hi, 

i am trying to import videos from my Canon Rebel T3i to my imac OS X YOSMITE version 10.10.5 but anything i try doesnt work. First i tryed importing the videos to my iphoto but it says "unreadable files the following files could not be imported. (The file is in an unrecognized format.)" so then i tried importing straight to imovie it shows the videos but when i press import it says the camera has been disconnected in the middle of importing, so i try about 4 more times and it still gives me the same pop up. Next i go back to the iphoto way and i still get the pop up so i googled it and it says i need to convert it from MOV to ALC something like that and it gave me a link to a downloader that can covert, the thing with that is you need to take the image or video that u want to convert from a folder or your desktop, but the whole problem is i cant get the videos on my computer in the first place LoL. Then i tried importing from image cature but it gave me the same message device was disconnected in the middle or importing which i didnt!! i just got this usb cord so nothing should be wrong with it i am so funstrated and REALLY need the help.

Thank you:)

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The Mac & iMovie don't have a problem with the Canon video format -- you'll find it reads that without a problem.

But it sounds like you might be having some USB issues since the connection drops when you've only partially imported the movie.

If you are using a USB "hub" then I'd suggest trying with the camera's supplied USB cable connected directly to the camera.

Another alternative (and what I do) is to directly insert the USB card into your Mac (if your Mac has an SD card slot) or get a USB reader for the Mac.  I've had hit & miss luck with both USB hubs that are flakey as well as card readers that are flakey.  So far the USB reader that has never failed on any of my Macs is the one made by Lexar.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you so much:)
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements