cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash not appearing in photos

Kimon
Apprentice

Hello Smiley Happyi recently started having an issue on my rebel t6i with the flash firing, but not appearing in photos i take. i changed none of the settings and even did a full reset on the camera but it still doesnt show up. i tried an external flash and it worked perfectly fine, its only the built in flash that doesnt work. any idea what i can do to fix this????

2 REPLIES 2

@Kimon wrote:

Hello Smiley Happyi recently started having an issue on my rebel t6i with the flash firing, but not appearing in photos i take. i changed none of the settings and even did a full reset on the camera but it still doesnt show up. i tried an external flash and it worked perfectly fine, its only the built in flash that doesnt work. any idea what i can do to fix this????

Just a wild guess, but is it possible that you turned the flash off but left on the pre-flash that triggers a remote flash. That would flash slightly before the shutter opens, so you wouldn't see its effect, but it could fool you into thinking all was normal. If that were to be the problem, resetting the camera to factory settings should cure it, I think.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

gride
Apprentice

@Kimon wrote:

Hello Smiley Happyi recently started having an issue on my rebel t6i with the flash firing, but not appearing in photos i take. i changed none of the settings and even did a full reset on the camera but it still doesnt show up. i tried an external flash and it worked perfectly fine, its official site only the built in flash that doesnt work. any idea what i can do to fix this???? 

Using your fingers, gently pull up on the flash either while pressing the flash pop-up button or just pressing the shutter button in a sitaution where the camera would call for flash. Once opened, you can use a bit of compressed air on the hinge points to see if you can clear the problem... 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements