cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fix for Rebel EOS Xti for those head banging computer and frustrated.

DifferentName
Contributor

There is hope for older mode`s. I sent an email to Canon Inc. and ask if there was anyway to solve this problem without card readers....pstches and the like. Becasue I was so focused on "making" Windows 10 bend to my will I forgot the baics of tunnel vision.

Sitting less than two feet fom my laptop wa my wires. It gets very litle use and because of its size and well hidden DVD slot, I just nevr thought of it. Since Windows 7 machines are still out there along with others of the era And cosst is realitivity easy to find.

I loaded my Utility disk that came with camera and in less that a minute all three "original" windows appeared.

Took pictures and hooked camera......two clicks and it was up and running allowing me to edit/move/insert text on picture and save to files as was the intent long ago. No patches, no card readers. Just as simple as Canon had made it to begin with.

Stress level way down and I`m  rocking at full speed. So if you happen  to come across a Vista/Windows7-8 and a few others.....spend a few bucks for older machine and quit losing hair.

Just a heads up from a two month ordeal to try to patch and transfer and all else that encompassed way to many extra solutions when none are needed.

Just thought it would maybe help someone who is having issues with older camers without support.

I would like to thank those who spent time trying as best they knew.

Again, Thanks to you guys  and Canon Inc.

Regards

DN

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority

Happy you are happy. I'm not sure buying an old computer to avoid using a card reader would appeal to everyone. Personally I favor the card reader exactly because I don't ever want any IT issues to have a chance to arise when all I am trying to do is drag the images off my SD card and drop them into the images folder in my hard drive. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Nothing but an extra option and older machines are cheap  and work just fine. The fact I was able to modify pictures without all the grief was worth it to me.

Just an option for those not as savy as the computer wizards (unlike me).

Now have a deticated computer to simply access pictures and modify them as i chose.

Still a big help from all you guys.

Thanks for all the knowledge all of you provided.

mainly for folks like me who are real computer dummies.

DN

Announcements