cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external flash

ciderhouse_
Contributor

I have a canon rebel t 5 1200d camera. I need an external flash for it. can you tell me what I can get cause I need it for studio for school.

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest a 320 EX.

Your camera cannot be a wireless master, so you will need an off-camera flash cord if you want to use it off camera.

I have a piece on the top for the hook up for the flash. I need it for the top of the camera andn will need it for studio for school.

If you really need it for school, you will probably need to get the off-camera cord. Flash on camera is pretty boring and creates ugly shadows and "red-eye".

oh ok ty

yes I do go to school but had to take thi semester off due to health problems.will start back up in august

@ciderhouse_wrote:

I have a piece on the top for the hook up for the flash. I need it for the top of the camera andn will need it for studio for school.

"For studio" is pretty vague. I'd suggest you call the school and see if they can be more specific, either about the equipment you'll need or about what you'll be expected to do with it. I think I agree with KVBarkley that the course will include learning to use off-camera flash. But you've got time to look into it, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

If they try to inundate you with technical bafflegab, come back and we'll translate for you.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Even if the school does not require it, *I* would use off-camera flash, having had Syl Arena beat it out of me. 8^)

I can always use their flash butu I still need a flash of my own. they have pe of lighting that connects to your camera

can anybody help me find a decent type of flash. canon said the rebel t 5 for flash is the 430ex11 speedlilte flash or the 600 ex11 one

Announcements