cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos Rebel t3 dead pixel during video mode

elguajefranklin
Apprentice

Hello guys im hoping some one with dslr knowledge can help me out i bought the camera less than a year ago through best buy, everything seemed ok untill today i never put the camera in video mode untill today i took lots of pictures and everything seems alright now today when i put the camera in video mode i saw 1 dead pixel on the screen when i transfer the footage to my computer the dead pixel shows on the video now this only happens with video i already looked up ways to try and fix it and i  put the camera on "clean manual" waited for 1 minute went back to video mode and the pixel is still there i dont know what i have to do am i going to have to send in my camera to get fixed at canon ?thanks in advanced

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hello elguajefranklin!

Welcome to the forum.

I would like to determine if this is going to need to be serviced or if what you are seeing is normal by asking a few questions.

1.  How long after you start recording does the dead pixel appear?

2.  How long are you waiting between recordings?

3.  What ISO speed is set?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@inactive010823 wrote:

Hello elguajefranklin!

Welcome to the forum.

I would like to determine if this is going to need to be serviced or if what you are seeing is normal by asking a few questions.

1.  How long after you start recording does the dead pixel appear?

2.  How long are you waiting between recordings?

3.  What ISO speed is set?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

I never shoot video, so I admit that I'm out of my depth. But maybe someone here who does could enlighten me. I have a hard time envisioning what combination of answers to those questions could make a dead pixel normal.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements