cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading pics to laptop from 600 d

jim4035
Apprentice

having difficulty downloading pics from my 600 d to my laptops.  is here a driver or utility disk?

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

A driver and/or software is often not "required"... but there is a utility disk that would have come with your camera.

If you have an SD card reader for your computer, you can simply insert the card into the computer and copy the images.

If you'd like to use the USB cable that came with the camera then you'd need software that understands the camera.  You didn't happen to mention what type of computer operating system you use.

The camera came with a Canon EOS "Solutions Disk" which included several different programs.  Among them is software that copies the from the camera to the computer (via "EOS Utility"):  

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3i_18_55mm_is_ii_lens...

That page contains the "updates", but you can also find the original Solutions Disk in downloadable form.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

thanks. m I cant locate the solutions disk.. looked everywhere for months.  I have both a pc windows 7 and an os x 10.8.5 running 

Then you want the item named "EOS Digital Solutions Disk Software..." and it'll give a version number (currently 28.2A but that will change as Canon releases revisions).   There's a Windows version and a Mac version (they are separate downloads... you'll need to change the OS version at the top of the category list if you want to get both.)

Once you install the software from that download you will not need to download the "solutions disk" software again... in the future you can just download the "updaters" for invidiual programs as needed.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements