cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does a 58mm uv filter for canon t5i fit a Canon t5

tatyana-sumakov
Contributor
I actually have two questions, but this is part one. I'm looking to get uv filters for my t5 lenses to keep them safe. I'm almost sure that a 58mm uv lens will fit on my canon but I want to double check before I order something on line and it will be a hassle to return. Most for the discriptions say for t4i t5i and so on but doesn't say t5, will a uv filter intended to fit a t5i fit a t5.

Part two
One of my cameras is a Canon slr t70 from 1984 I have two lenses from that camera. Just out of curiosity can I fit older leneses on a newer body. I sort of now the answer but want to know if there's a way it is possible, if there's an adapter of sorts. It's just to much money to develop film
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 58mm is your filter size (diameter).  Both of those lenses use a 58mm filter.  So a 58mm filter will fit both lenses. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

The filter thread diameter is also almost always printed on the inside of the lens cap (since the cap has to grip to the filter threads.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tatyana-sumakov wrote:
I actually have two questions, but this is part one. I'm looking to get uv filters for my t5 lenses to keep them safe. I'm almost sure that a 58mm uv lens will fit on my canon but I want to double check before I order something on line and it will be a hassle to return. Most for the discriptions say for t4i t5i and so on but doesn't say t5, will a uv filter intended to fit a t5i fit a t5.

I use Sensei Filter Stack Caps to store filters.  Check them out online. 

These are basically two metal caps that screw onto the front and back of a thread filter, which protects it.  You can "stack" a set of lens filters between the caps, which I find provide MUCH better protection than a filter pouch.  Plus, it consumes less space than a pouch, and they cost less than a pouch. 

Caution, they are easy to over-tighten.  Although I have never experienced the problem, once you use them it will quickly see how easy it is to torque them down too far.  A large temperature change later, and now you need a lens wrench.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements