cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cr2 files

Trish1
Apprentice

Some images on my rebel t3 are in jpeg. Others are in cr2. I don't think I'm changing any settings and don't notice any difference until I download to PC in windows live gallery and can't find a shot I'm looking for. Then can see these shots  Picasa. I've found that there is a converter program. How does this work and can I then save the converted images in the same folders as the jpegs?

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
Yes, since they're different extension, you can save your JPG in the same folder as your RAW image.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Trish1
Apprentice

Thanks. Can you tell me why the camera switches from JPG to cr2 even within same series of shots? Is there something wrong with the camera?

Reset the camera to factory defaults.  (Remove all the batteries for a while, over night is good.)

At this point, I doubt you need RAW files. You can turn that off.  As you grow and learn, than you can switch to RAW and use it's advanced features. They (RAW) do require some kind of post-processing.  JPG's do not.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements