cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon rebel t4i manual focus

laurakh123
Contributor

Hi. im new to this just trying to find the problem wiht mhy camera

everything seems fine with it, cant find any damage to it. hwne i look through the eye peice to manual focus no matter where i put it, it stays blurry. never had this problem uhntiul now? please help!!

14 REPLIES 14

Then you probably need to send it in for service. Call Canon.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... i look through the eye peice to manual focus ..., it stays blurry."

Does it remain blurry in AF, too?  Just manual focus?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

it remains blurry in AF also

Are the photos blurry when you use AF?

Is the viewfinder display blurry, as well as the image through the lens?

Have you tried a different lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Earl_J
Contributor

Aloha y'all... and especially Laura...

I know how frustrating not knowing can be about cameras in general... Canon in particular...

When you say manual focus...

...you mean pushing the button on the lense itself to the MF position from the AF position, yes?
Have you tried focusing with the live view function which uses the view screen behind the camera?

Additionaly, you are turning the focus ring and not the zoom ring, correct?
The focus ring is actually quite narrow just behind the front lense...
Well, it depends on the sort of lense you have attached....
My kit lense is the 18-55 mm lense... it has a very narrow focus ring at the very front of the lense.
Turn on your camera, hit the live view button so the rear view screen comes on, and then turn the focus ring.
Let us know what happens...
By the way, while you are in manual focus and viewiing the rear view screen, if you push the PLUS button on the upper right corner of the rear panel, you can zoom the image in the viewfinder to 5x and 10x viewing to REALLY sharpen your focus! OH, IF you're on a tripod, when you hit the live view button and the PLUS button the first time, it'll bring up a little square. You move the square when you want to focus... then zoom in a bit, adjust your focal box again, then hit it a third time for 10x focusing. Use the buttons around the SET button as directional buttons to move the box OR you point of interest. IT is not zooming the image ONLY the view finder. Take your picture and the spot in the clearest focus should be the point you selected.
Good luck...

Until that time. . .

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements