cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon eos 250D - not showing picture on display

tigomontana
Apprentice

Hello, it's my first purchase so dont judge me please 🙂

the LCD screen will not display what I want to take a photo of, so I have to estimate my aim to get whatever I want in frame, which isn't ideal obviously. i thought i can see on Screen before i take picture. when i want to record video it's showing normaly  but not with photos.

anyone can help me with that pleasE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So you are saying that when you are not in movie mode, and you press the button shown in the picture, the live image from the sensor does not show on the LCD?

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You need to press the live view button to see it on the LCD.

However, this kind of camera is designed to be used with the viewfinder*, try looking through that to frame your picture. There are a number of advantages to using the viewfinder like lower battery drain and it is much easier to hold the camera steady.

*The little black window above the LCD.

it is on live view, i can see everything and i can record the video but when i press for picture it doesnt taking pictures at all..

its good to use the viewfinder when you do single picture but i bought it for familly purpose, trips etc so we want to see on the screen whats in before taking a picture

You should use the viewfinder until you understand a little more about the camera's auto focusing modes.  The camera may not be taking a picture due to insufficient light, which causes it not to lock focus when you use Touch AF.  You must still press the Shutter Button to take the picture.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ok thanks for the help guys 🙂 i will start to understand more of the canon 250D

So you are saying that when you are not in movie mode, and you press the button shown in the picture, the live image from the sensor does not show on the LCD?

Untitled.jpg

Announcements