cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i not recognized by Windows 10

atuk02
Contributor

Windows 10 will not recognize my eos T3i camera. I get an exclamation mark in device manager under other devices.

If there is a workaround until this problem is resolved please share your findings.

Thanks,

Albert

42 REPLIES 42

HorrisTTM
Apprentice

The easiest thing is to (before plugging the camera in) switch your conection option in the the camera from pc conection to print/tp. Once you've done this the camera appears in the file explorer and you can download all your photos.

Nunomag
Apprentice

I went to device manager and I rolled back the driver for canon 600D and instantly connected to the PC and to the canon utility. A simple thing after hours reading posts with any solution. I hope this can help 🙂

possm88
Contributor

For anybody who is having trouble not finding any solutions to this, please try using a USB hub. Me and a friend, who are both tech literate, spent several days trying to get my camera recognized. Nothing worked. Right as we were giving up, We tried using a USB hub, and for some bizarre reason, it worked! Seems to be an issue more with laptops than desktops, but it makes no sense to us why this works. But it does. We literally tried every other option we could find after 3 days. 

Simply plug a USB hub into your computer and plug the camera into that. It works with USB 2 and 3. 

This experience was so frustrating that I made an account specifically to post this and hopefully help some people avoid the same mess I had. 

Announcements