cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i not recognized by Windows 10

atuk02
Contributor

Windows 10 will not recognize my eos T3i camera. I get an exclamation mark in device manager under other devices.

If there is a workaround until this problem is resolved please share your findings.

Thanks,

Albert

42 REPLIES 42

Hello,

I  can't connect my Canon PowerShot A530 to my  MS Windows 10, computer. My computer doesn't see my camera.

I can't download images that I have in my Cannon PowerShot A530 camera, unfortunately... What can I do, in your opinion, please? Maybe I should buy a new camera. But could it be compatible with the older one in order to save actual images, please?

Heve a nice day!

Thank you,

Ion

@ion_bucur wrote:

Hello,

I  can't connect my Canon PowerShot A530 to my  MS Windows 10, computer. My computer doesn't see my camera.

I can't download images that I have in my Cannon PowerShot A530 camera, unfortunately... What can I do, in your opinion, please? Maybe I should buy a new camera. But could it be compatible with the older one in order to save actual images, please?

Heve a nice day!

Thank you,

Ion

If you're using Windows 10N, or any other crippled version, be sure to read all the previous posts in this thread.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

You are the man!.

I knew I needed an MTP Driver, I just didn't know where it was.

Thanks!

i HAVE A REBEL T1I AND DOWNLOADED THIS AND IT STILL WON'T WORK

Thanks to the information of associateit I was able to fix the problem on my system.

System is a Dell Precision 5930 with an additional 3.0 USB PCIe board with an USB 3.0 FastUSB power extender. My Canon 5D MKIV wasn't found in the device manager. Only a "Generic USB hub".

I installed the MS kit and it works again

I have an addtional solution that may work for those with the standard version of Windows 10. It's not driver based, it depends on the processor your PC is running. Apparently Canon and AMD don't play nice. I have a PC running on an AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT and I was having the same issue with my Rebel T5. It was not being reconized and came up as an unknown USB device. 

The fix? I put a USB hub between the camera and the computer. So I plugged in my Rebel T5 into the same USB 3.0 hub that my mouse and keyboard are plugged into and Windows recognized it right away. I've read that other people used a USB 2.0 hub and it worked for them as well.

I spent so long trying to figure this out that once I did I felt compelled to sign up and provide my solution. Good luck!

"I have an addtional solution that may work for those with the standard version of Windows 10. It's not driver based, it depends on the processor your PC is running. Apparently Canon and AMD don't play nice."

Actually, the problem is a driver issue associated with the AMD firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I found a way to download my photos under Canon Utilities in the Apps section for Windows 10.  I guess you can tell I am not a real techie by the way I explained this.  I just connected by camera via the same old usb cord and clicked on Apps and then on Canon Utilites and that actually worked!  Maybe it will help you too...

Where do you get canon apps?

I had the oiriginal app disk that came with the camera ~ but I could have also just copied it from my Win7 computer to Win10.

Announcements