cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 650D shutter speed with flash

rferaq
Apprentice
hi, i have canon 650d, i observe that when i use internal flash the max shutter speed is 1/200, can i increase it? i tried but could not , is there a way to make it faster?
5 REPLIES 5

Peter
Authority
Authority
You can buy an external speedlite and use high speed sync. 430ex for example.

appreciate your replay Peter, but is there a way to increase the shutter speed with the internal flash in the setting?

No. You don´t have enough power with the internal flash. High speed sync means the speedlite flashes many times during the expsure. You can find for more information if you use google and search about High Speed Sync.

@rferaq wrote:
hi, i have canon 650d, i observe that when i use internal flash the max shutter speed is 1/200, can i increase it? i tried but could not , is there a way to make it faster?

Remember that your camera has a focal plane shutter. So at higher speeds the shutter will start to close from the top before it finishes opening at the bottom. If the flash went off in that situation, it wouldn't cover the whole field of view. So the camera limits you to the maximum speed at which the shutter will be fully open long enough for the flash to fire.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

thank u v much for your clear answer.

appreciate it

Announcements