cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone help me figure out what size lens covers I need to get ?

fatcat
Rising Star

I know this sounds dumb, but what size lense cover doI need for :

18-55mm IS STM zoom and:

ef 75-300mm lenses?  I am starting  over from scratch.   Thanks to ANYONE who can help, thanks

(it seems so obvious, a 55 mm cover and 75 mm cover, however, they don't look right....

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You probably need 58mm lens covers, the same size as the filters that they use.  Look at the front of the lens.  You can usually find some identitying marking that tells you what size filter to use with the lens.  A front cover would be the same size as the lens filter.  The rear cover is pretty standard across all EF mount lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

ScottyP
Authority

Both lenses take a 58mm lens cap.  As Wadizzle says, it is written on the end of pretty much every lens, or you can check out the lens specs on Canon's site, or on The Digital Picture.

Get the new pinch caps; they are cooler.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You probably need 58mm lens covers, the same size as the filters that they use.  Look at the front of the lens.  You can usually find some identitying marking that tells you what size filter to use with the lens.  A front cover would be the same size as the lens filter.  The rear cover is pretty standard across all EF mount lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ScottyP
Authority

Both lenses take a 58mm lens cap.  As Wadizzle says, it is written on the end of pretty much every lens, or you can check out the lens specs on Canon's site, or on The Digital Picture.

Get the new pinch caps; they are cooler.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

thanks, I meant lense filters, but I found what I needed, and they will be here tomorrow, along with some other tooooys to experiment with.

fatcat
Rising Star
thanks everyone, yes both lenses that came with the SL1 are 58mm. Appreciate all the comments. I FINALLY found where it's on the lense. Now I really feel stupid. Guess we all have to start somewhere.
Announcements