cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera battery problems

RchFroisness
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i that has not had any problems for the several years I have had it until now where it will not recognize a fully charged battery.  I have an extra battery and have tried both after recharging them.  I can get one shot off and then the red light comes on and will not let me proceed.  I take the battery out, re-insert it and it will give me another shot.  The battery icon on the screen shows a fully charged battery.   HELP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RchFroisness
Apprentice

Thanks for help on this problem resolution site.  Turns out someone recommended checkinh the card as the red light indicated trouble writing to card more than battery issue.  I will definitely keep on this site for future issues.  Thanks again

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Batteries have life expectancies. You just may have hit the limit. Try a new one, and buy a good one. I keep hearing horror stories about imitation and bogus batteries on the market.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Your battery and/or charger is bad.  Buy a new original Canon battery.  Try it first.

It could also be the sensor in the camera that detects the battery is bad.  A new battery is cheaper so do it first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

RchFroisness
Apprentice

Thanks for help on this problem resolution site.  Turns out someone recommended checkinh the card as the red light indicated trouble writing to card more than battery issue.  I will definitely keep on this site for future issues.  Thanks again

Announcements