cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

built in flash

Tamar
Apprentice

Hi,

My brand new 6Ti's built in flash is acting out. When I click the   shutter button half way down on Auto mode - the flash pops up, flickers a few times but when I actually take the picture - it doesn't flash. The pictures turn out really dark - meaning that the light wasn't good enough and the flash should have flashed. In the first week of having the camera, there was no problem with the flash in Auto mode, so It could be that someone changed something in the settings, as I'm not the only one here using the camera - but I have no clue of what it was. Any advice? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, I don't have anything on the hot shoe.

The camera went back to the store, the built-in flash was defected.

Thanks, everyone!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The flickering you see is probably the focus assist function which happens in low light.   There is an option to turn this off as many people find it anoying. 

The flash not firing could be because someone has gone into the flash menu and disabled the flash. Go into your flash menu and check the settings, or you can also restore the factory default settings. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks for the reply andinstructions, my camera doesn't have the same options on the menu page. I don't ave the flash control option the same way it appears on the instructions you posted 😞

Don't keep us in suspense, tell us what camera!

See the little star in the exerpts above? That means you have to be in a creative zone mode - usually P - to see all the options.

I started my question with telling about my brand new Rebel t6i 🙂 It seem like all the flash setings are correct, the built in flash just doesn't work. Back to th store it goes. 

You don't have anything mounted in the hot-shoe by chance, do you?

No, I don't have anything on the hot shoe.

The camera went back to the store, the built-in flash was defected.

Thanks, everyone!

Announcements