Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

XS always says "busy", won't shoot.

Hello,

My EOS XS (1000D), when power is on, 1/2 press of shoot button, shows in the view finderflashing  "busy" along with the eposure and iso numbers. Full press does not take a picture. This is the case in all modes, with lens on/off, memory card in/out etc. Flash pops out in the appropriate modes but busy is still there. Battery is fully charged. Please, any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Highlighted
VIP

Re: XS always says "busy", won't shoot.

@ju1234 wrote:

Hello,

My EOS XS (1000D), when power is on, 1/2 press of shoot button, shows in the view finderflashing  "busy" along with the eposure and iso numbers. Full press does not take a picture. This is the case in all modes, with lens on/off, memory card in/out etc. Flash pops out in the appropriate modes but busy is still there. Battery is fully charged. Please, any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Try a new, freshly formatted memory card and reset the camera back to factory defautls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."