Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Work around needed....

We have a Rebel EOS T3i and want to use it for live streaming a feed to a TV. Per page 218 on the manual we have been able to use the HDMI and get a GREAT live image to the TV, but the LCD screen on the camera goes blank.

My question is: is there anyway to keep the LCD screen on the camera body ON while also utilizing the HDMI output at the same time?

The manual states, "The image will appear on the TV screen (Nothing will be displayed on the camera's LCD monitor)."

I would like to try and change this to have the image (live video) in both places.

Any thoughts on a potential workaround?

Thanks

Keith

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Work around needed....

It is an internal switch in the camera which only has enough circuitry to supply video to one source: either the LCD or the HDMI port, there is no workaround.

VIP

Re: Work around needed....

"We have a Rebel EOS T3i and want to use it for live streaming a feed to a TV."

It will never do a good job of streaming.  It isn't a video camera.  If you need to stream vids get a real video camera.  You will be a lot happier.  I am surprised you haven't over heated yet!

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!