Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Wireless Trigger not working with T6I with ViewLive!

Using a T6i if my live view is open I can't get the wireless trigger to work on my ESDDI Flash Speedlite for Canon, E-TTL 1/8000 HSS LCD Display Wireless Flash Speedlite GN58 2.4G Wireless Radio Master Slave, Professional Flash Kit with Wireless Flash Trigger for Canon DSLR Cameras?? Can someone please help me out!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wireless Trigger not working with T6I with ViewLive!

@johnathansmith6 wrote:

Using a T6i if my live view is open I can't get the wireless trigger to work on my ESDDI Flash Speedlite for Canon, E-TTL 1/8000 HSS LCD Display Wireless Flash Speedlite GN58 2.4G Wireless Radio Master Slave, Professional Flash Kit with Wireless Flash Trigger for Canon DSLR Cameras?? Can someone please help me out!

That is not a Canon product.  I suggest you speak to the manufacturer, ESDDI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some technical reason, a non-Canon flash will not work during Live View wirelessly as stated in our manual (I have the T6I also). Perhaps there is a "hack" out there to get around this that someone knows about, I sure don't I use a Speedlite.

Flash.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if the 80D has the same issues
Respected Contributor

From the 80D manual, it looks like there is a "workaround" included for non-Canon flashes?

Capture5.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Can you push is