cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the new Canon t5i have the ability to do Multiple Exposures?

pbkellyvp
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pbkellyvp
Apprentice

I just found out that it won't.  Just have to keep my old Xsi.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pbkellyvp
Apprentice

I just found out that it won't.  Just have to keep my old Xsi.

I'm not sure that you made your question clear enough for others to understand.

Are you looking at having the camera do multiple exposures at slightly different exposure settings (bracketing)?

or

are you trying to find a camera that can simulate what we could do with a film camera where we could do what was called a double (or triple) exposure by re setting the shutter but not advancing the film? 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I meant the ability to combine several exposures in camera usually for creative effects.  Canon shooters  have been gritting their teeth alongside their Nikon fellows who have been whipping out some amazing stuff with not a lot of effort.  To achieve the same result, us Canon guys have to plug along in Photoshop.  Last year Canon included this ability in their pro level cameras which usually means the Rebel and D series will follow.  But from what Canon told me, not yet.

Thanks!

I believe that feature is called built in HDR.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Nope that is not called HDR!!!!! It is combining 2 or more exposures on the same frame of different subjects. Now it's usually done in photoshop....

Thank you Blackbird.  We have to use Photoshop, unless you have Pro Level Canon's, or shoot Nikon.  Here is what I am talking about.  http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/1dx_multiple_exposures_article.shtml

Back in the day, I believed you needed to get the shot in the camera. Mostly because the techniques available in the darkroom was limited and sometimes pretty challenging. Double exposures could be done in camera but it was tricky. But as digital and Photo Shop has improved I have done a total turn around. I think photos are now about 50% camera and 50% post process. The use of Photo Shop had become a virtual necessity. I doubt any “pro” photo now-a-days escapes PS.

Double exposures are simple with PS and can be a valuable tool. I am not trying to excuse Canon because they need to provide the latest technology in their cameras because as digital has become king, we begin to rely on it more and more.

Example below from PS of a difficult exposure.

Exposed for window,

IMG_1240x.jpg

Exposed for subject,

IMG_1241x.jpg

Two images stacked in PS to make a better exposure.

IMG_1239_stack_x.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements