cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Minolta Zoom lens fit on a Canon Rebel 3ti, 5ti or 6ti?

SharonNYC
Apprentice

I'm shopping for a new or used Canon to take on a vacation.  Lightweight and compact is important but also I'd love a good Zoom lens to catch wildlife from a distance.  I'm looking at the 3t, 5t and 6t series but trying to keep my budget under $400. 

Any suggestions?  i had a PowerShot SX50 HS that i bought used but had an accident with it when it flew out of my hands whle the lens was extended and now just chatters when I turn it on and shuts down with 15 seconds with Lens Error..I took it into a Camera shop and they said not worth fixing, just buy a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can't go the interchangeable lens route and stay within your $400 budget.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ray-uk
Whiz

No, not at all compatible.

Thanks for answering my question.

I am another vote for a new Powershot.  Take a close look at these cameras. Some are not only very good but can be better than the T3, T5 or T6.  However, the best Powershots are more than $500 bucks. The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is right at your price point.

I use a G1X and a G16 Powershot all the time.  Here are a couple G16 samples.

111.jpg123.jpg222.jpg333.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Buy a new Powershot. The SX540 HS is on sale at B&H.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, now I'm seriously considering just buying the same model I broke.  I think I spent the same amount for this camera when I bought it used 2 yrs ago!  But I was thinking I should move up to a interchangeable lens model.  What is the advantage if I already have a zoom lens on this camera and I wasn't thinking of adding any more lens.  I am just learning how to interpret all the numbers, i.e., settings, features, etc.  Upon closer examination the camera you recommended is not the same model, because it doesn't have the variable-angle fold-out monitor (SX50 HS vs. SX540 HS).  

You can't go the interchangeable lens route and stay within your $400 budget.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Take a look at the Canon Online Refurbished Store. It is within your budget for the SX60.

Looking into it; unfortunately out of stock in Canon's refurbished store.

@SharonNYC wrote:

Looking into it; unfortunately out of stock in Canon's refurbished store.

The SX70 is just outside your budget.

You may want to check KEH dot com.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements