cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would my canon t3i Eos say there is not a card in it, when there is?

debydevore
Apprentice

I saw this question asked, but not answered-beacuse they did not ive the product info-

I have a rebel t3i EOS, I have a card in it, but the camera says it doesn't-any ideas-realitively new card-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Deoxit 5 electrical contact cleaner will take care of it if it is dirty contacts and it will not harm any plastics or rubber components either.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Deoxit 5 electrical contact cleaner will take care of it if it is dirty contacts and it will not harm any plastics or rubber components either.

timotrio
Apprentice

My daughter just came up with a solution. She took out the card and breathed into the slot (like you would an old nintendo game.) It worked!!! 

Very cool

Thanks!

Tim

The moisture in a breath can cure it temporarily but I suggest using a good contact cleaner like Deoxit 5 to take care of it long term.

Rubbing alcohol and a good QTip will also work (I recommend the QTip because you do want to limit the amount of rubbing alcohol that comes into contact with the plastic/paint on metal of the camera case, small amounts will not hurt but too much can damage.)

Announcements