cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my photos out of focus?

csut2
Apprentice

A while back my camera wasn't auto focusing well. I sent it in for repair. I haven't used it much lately. I too some flash phots of my granddaughter last week end and they are not in focus. What would be the most likely causes of them not being in focus. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

Verify that the AF / MF switch on the lens is set to AF. I've been known to switch it to MF while installing a lens every so often.  Also depending on the lens some have distance limiter switches and again I've had it set for far out & tried something close up forgetting to change the switch position.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

Verify that the AF / MF switch on the lens is set to AF. I've been known to switch it to MF while installing a lens every so often.  Also depending on the lens some have distance limiter switches and again I've had it set for far out & tried something close up forgetting to change the switch position.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

cicopo,

First of all, sorry to be so slow in getting back to you. I had to have an operation and had complications.

The switch WAS set to MF.

Thank you

Carl

I hope the recovery goes well & happy shooting. Glad it was an easy fix.

Crista
Whiz

Hi csut2!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camera you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

hsbn
Whiz
What camera and lens do you have? Is it the kit lens? I have sent 2 kit lens (18-55mm) for repair because the focus cable inside the lens disconnected while zooming. Thus the camera confirms focus but the photo come out blurry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

i have a rebel T5 with 75-300 lens some of my photos are out of focus no matter what distance set on af

Announcements