cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the max size of sd card on a t1i

cottenrg
Apprentice

Need to find out the max size sd Card on a t1i use  a 16 gb can I get to a 32 or 64 gb card

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would assume that the "maximum size" would be whatever size was availble a year or so before the camera was introduced.   

Why a year prior to release?  Design time.  Engineers have to design around well established, existing hardware, not what might be available when their product is released for sale to consumers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ScottyP
Authority

I suspected that the size of card was not the only hitch; they have changed the SD card over the years, creating newer more advanced types that are not backwards compatible with older cameras.

I found this old 2013 answer to your question in, of all places, this forum.  See:

"Hi BillyDee,

While your camera is compatible with SDHC memory cards with a capacity of up to 32GB, it's not compatible with the larger SDXC memory card used by your 128GB card."

So you need to find older type SDXC cards, and then you can go up to 32GB.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

cottenrg
Apprentice

Great I will change out to 32 sd/hc1

Announcements