cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the T4i? Seems like it was here then gone...didn't seem to last very long.

Westy
Apprentice
What happened to the T4i? Seems like it was here then gone...didn't seem to last very long. Did it have major problems?
8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The T4i has rubber hand-grips on some models that "could" turn white, and produce a chemical that might cause an allergic reaction in some people.Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

How do you like your 7D?

Canon did like the car makers do, it's new and improved!  They added one or two nits and renamed the 2013 T4I into the T5I.

It (IMO) should have been called T4I II like they did with the 5D but they didn't ask for my opinion on naming.

"How do you like your 7D?"

Westy,

In my opinion the 7D is the 'best buy' in a professional level DSLR out there. The pro level featuers are many and the downsides are few.

If you couple the Canon 7D with the Sigma APO 50-150mm f/2.8 II EX DC HSM, you truly do have a fantastic set-up at the most value considered, reasonable, price.

EB

Only down side of 7D is compact flash storage media...although they are faster than regular SD or Micro SD

Some people prefer the CF, but some are resistant to change  =P

Speed of the media isn't an issue anymore, there's no difference in performance for a dSLR if you buy decent quality cards.

Thanks...others have recommended the 7D...but some say it is "aged" and is in need of some upgrading...such as better high ISO performance. Do you think it might be wise to wait for the "7D II" or not? Appreciate your thoughts.

"... but some say it is "aged" and is in need of some upgrading ..."

Stop listening to those people. The 7D is the 'best buy' in a pro level camera. There will always be new cameras with new features but that does not lessen the ability of the current 7D.

EB
Announcements