cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT USED MODEL OF EOS IS WORTH FIXING ??

monradon
Contributor

I have learned my T3i which is having some funny quirks is not worth fixing ???   What used model of eos would be worth fixing ???  I am going from film to digital and want to have a new LOVE to get to learn on are the controls etc the same at all between models   a new one is not in the budget AT ALL according to the BOSS !!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"What used model of eos would be worth fixing ???"

The newer the better!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Without getting into details, you sound like you would be a candidate for a refurb or used camera. 

Best option. Refurb from the Canon online store.

Next best option: Used from a trusted online retailer like B&H 

Don't bother fixing a T3i

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I noticed now the view finder not the screen does not come on everytime i turn it on ??  Did not notice because i have been using the screen ??

Rats

@monradon wrote:

I noticed now the view finder not the screen does not come on everytime i turn it on ??  Did not notice because i have been using the screen ??

Rats

If the camera starts up with a blank screen, that does not necessarily mean that something is wrong with the camera.  The camera can be set to start up with a blank screen, an info screen, or display the last screen that was showing when it was powered off, either info or blank.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Monradon,

It is true, after a while some cameras will become harder to repair because the parts are no longer available which is the case with your EOS Rebel T3i.  But I agree that you may want to look into a refurbished model, they come with the same one year warranty as a factory new model but at a lower price and since you are already a Canon camera user you may be entitled to an added discount through the Canon Upgrade Program. To see what is currently available through the Canon Upgrade Program you would want to call the sales department at (800)385-2155 8am to midnight EST.

Make sure the eypiece is fully seated. Sometimes it covers the eye sensor.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"What used model of eos would be worth fixing ???"

The newer the better!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements