cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video won't focus. EOS 600D

KayeC7
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I have a Canon EOS600D and have decided to use this for a video assignment for Uni. The lens has no problem at all as the pictures have come out crystal clear. But the video mode is not working in my favour at all.

The video does not focus on my face as well as the background. When previewing the videos on the small screen next to the camera, the video seems fine. But when uploaded on my computer, everything is just a complete blur, like a 144p video. What settings should I do to make my camera focus when taking a video?

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You did not state which lens are you using.  The 600D/T3i does not offer Continuous Movie AF.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hello, the lens is the EFS 18-135mm. I'm a complete beginner, so I don't know what Continuous Movie AF means.

@KayeC7 wrote:
Hello, the lens is the EFS 18-135mm. I'm a complete beginner, so I don't know what Continuous Movie AF means.

Your camera does not autofocus and track moving subjects in Movie Mode.  You must manually tell it where to focus.  If you do not have a copy of the full instruction manual, then download a copy from the Canon support page for your camera.  You can download software and manuals for your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much for the fast reply! I'll have a look and see what I find.
Announcements