cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video looks grainy/compressed? (canon t5i)

ritz_
Apprentice

My videos have come up so much more grainy than usual all of a sudden with this rainbow tinge and I can't figure out why :(. My camera has only recently started doing this. I've tried changing up a lot of settings to try and fix it up and nothing seems to be working. Here's a video of what it currently looks like https://vimeo.com/326236274. I would really appreciate any help!

I'm using an EOS 700D (t5i), my recording size was at 1280x720 50fps in that video but once I realised it could've been that I switched it to 1920x1080 25fps and it looked the same, my image quality was M but once I realised that I changed it to raw and it still seemed to look the same then as well. Please let me know if you need anymore information to help! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Raw doesn't matter for video recording. Are you recording with less light than previously?

ritz_
Apprentice
Sorry for the late reply. I am still filming with the same amount of light and receiving the same effect.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ritz_ wrote:

My videos have come up so much more grainy than usual all of a sudden with this rainbow tinge and I can't figure out why :(. My camera has only recently started doing this. I've tried changing up a lot of settings to try and fix it up and nothing seems to be working. Here's a video of what it currently looks like https://vimeo.com/326236274. I would really appreciate any help!

I'm using an EOS 700D (t5i), my recording size was at 1280x720 50fps in that video but once I realised it could've been that I switched it to 1920x1080 25fps and it looked the same, my image quality was M but once I realised that I changed it to raw and it still seemed to look the same then as well. Please let me know if you need anymore information to help! Thank you!

I suggest that you go take a step back.  Capturing video at lower frame rates can be a good thing on multiple levels.  First and foremost, it means your camera will have far less work to do.  So, it can spend more CPU time on mundane tasks like Noise Reduction.

Another contributing factor to more grain can be your actual exposure settings.  While frame rate is relevant, without knowing the exposure settings of the frames in your videos there is no good way to determine what could be the cause of the issues that you see.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements