cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video has white horizontal flashes (no flicker)

Flizzn
Apprentice

Hello kind person to answer me,

my Canon 550d has let me down and I am worried about our future together. 

There are white lines that randomly flash (one frame) through horizontally in video. I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem by asking Mr. Google. Do I need to bring my Cam to the camera doctor? What do you think of the screenshots? Shutter? Sensor?

Thank you!white line on video

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That seems to be a job for [wait for it] CanonMan, the camera doctor.

I have neve seen what a failing shutter looks like in video, but that could be what you are seeing.  I would try a new, freshly formatted memory card, too.  Don’t use a mini-SD, or one that is larger than 32GB. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you Waddizzle for taking the time to read, think and answer! I have bought a new SD Card now and cross my fingers that I won't get those stripes again... 

@Waddizzlewrote:

That seems to be a job for [wait for it] CanonMan, the camera doctor.

I have neve seen what a failing shutter looks like in video, but that could be what you are seeing. 

Other than just opening up, the shutter doesn't really come into play when shooting video, does it? But the effect shown here doesn't look like what I'd expect for a sensor problem either. That kind of leaves the memory card as the only other major suspect. It almost looks like something you might see in a still photo shot with film.

so weird isnt it? I am going to take the cam on holiday and test the hell out of it. I will report afterwards. If the problem wont reaccure it was most likely the memory card... 

Announcements