cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Recording Stopped Automatically on a T5i

malcarias
Apprentice

Hi,

Recently, I've been doing a lot of video on my T5i. Since I needed to buy some new memory cards, I was recommended to go for a fast card. I bought a SanDisk Extreme PRO 95MB/s SDXC, Class 10 card with 128gb.

The problem is when I start recording it gives me roughly 3 mins and it stops automatically. I 've hadd this same problem with slower cards. 

I've used other card like SanDisk Extreme  micro SDHC 32gb and SanDisk Extreme Ultra micro SDXC 64gb with no problem. Why is it that with this other card (SanDisk Extreme PRO 95MB/s SDXC, Class 10 card with 128gb) I'm haveing a problem with.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Have you verified that a T5i is fully compatible with 128GB cards? I'm not sure such cards were commonly available when the T5i came out. At a minimum, you should make sure you've formatted the card in the camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi malcarias,

The Rebel T5i is compatible with SDXC type memory cards, which includes 128GB cards. With that being said not all cards on the market will be compatible. The suggestion by RobertTheFat to make sure the memory card has been formatted in the camera is a good one to try.

I would also check to see if your card is an Ultra-High Speed (UHS) type card. The Rebel T5i can use up to UHS-I level cards, so if your card is a UHS-II or UHS-III type card it may not funciton properly in the camera.

If you continue to have issues I recommend contacting our Technical Support HERE or at the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/contact-support/

Announcements