cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very urgent: the camera won't power on

Ariel135
Contributor

Hi all! Very urgent question..My boyfriend is on a diving livaboard trip and he is having some trouble with his camera. Here is the question he asked me via satellite:

can you research reasons why a Canon T5i or T4i will suddenly not power on? My camera has mysteriously stopped working this morning and I am now using a backup camera. The housing did not flood but i have stripped the camera and put it in the ship's engine room to dry it out.

Please, if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate that! Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority

What does "stripped" mean?  I would not leave my camera in an engine room, or anywhere else, with the body cap or lens off and the insides and sensor open to collect dust from the air. 

One has to suspect water first since apparently it was underwater at the time it acted up.

it could be a bad battery or a bad battery charger, or on a ship maybe even a bad power source.  Is the ship using American style electricity, or is he having to use a European converter?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thank you for your advice, Scott! 

"Stripped the camera" means that he took it out of the underwater camera housing. Yes, he is using it underwater while diving. 

He is in Indonesia right now and I am not sure if he is using a converter, the camera was bought in Canada.

I am inclined to think it is the battery..just want to check all the possible versions. It is a long way to get there and to feel so disappointed that your camera failed you..

Announcements