cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable on board flash

Blake11
Apprentice

Can any one tell me which models have manually variable on board pop up flash?  Shooting products and need a kiss of light up front and trigger the monoblocks.

Thanks

Blake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My apologies, the T2i and T3i don’t have manual flash, but the T4i and newer do have manual control available for the built-in flash.

B2BDE499-1ACC-4828-A751-99D06EC9E549.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Monoblocks?

No.  The internal built-in flashes are not very powerful, and thus not very sophisticated.  Use external flashes.

Some macro lenses have built-in LEDs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

All Canon DSLR cameras have manual flash capability. They all have about the same power,  and if you’ve used one before for that purpose, you should have no trouble with any of the Canon DSLRs.

Mike Sowsun

My t2i doesn't not there is no way to adjust the power of the popup flash. 
Is it possible on some of the other models?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Remember to use manual mode, then. In ETTL you will get multiple flashes which can fool the monoblocks.

Yes exactly my problem with the t2i. It is impossible to control the flash ratio manually. So using the pop up for fill and to trip the monoblocks is impossble. I wonder which model can do that.?

My apologies, the T2i and T3i don’t have manual flash, but the T4i and newer do have manual control available for the built-in flash.

B2BDE499-1ACC-4828-A751-99D06EC9E549.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Get some ND gels and put it in front of the flash.

Announcements