Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Using EF-S lenses on Rebel 2000 film camera

I have an old Rebel 2000 film camera and a newer Rebel T3 digital. I have a couple of EF-S lenses that I would like to be able to use on the film camera. What kind of adapter do I need?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Using EF-S lenses on Rebel 2000 film camera

[ Edited ]

@DrxJdaddyxx001 wrote:

I have an old Rebel 2000 film camera and a newer Rebel T3 digital. I have a couple of EF-S lenses that I would like to be able to use on the film camera. What kind of adapter do I need?

Thanks.

There is no adapter available to mount an EF-S lens on an EF mount body.  This is by design.  You need EF lenses, exclusively, with the Rebel 2000 35mm film camera.  

image_circle.jpg

The EF-S mount was developed for digital cameras that used an image sensor that was smaller than a full 35mm frame.  The full frame sensors were expensive to manufacture, and pretty much still are.  

[EDIT]. Because the APS-C image sensor is smaller that a full frame sensor, the image circle projected by an EF-S lens would [not] fully cover the entire 35mm frame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

It is possible to do but I am not going to tell you how since it is an exercise in futility.  I am sure you can find the 'how to' on the ole inner web.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
New Contributor

Thanks Waddizzle and ebiggs1. That's good information to know. I guess I'll be looking for lenses.
Esteemed Contributor

The EF-50 / 1.8 would be a good inexpensive start.